Friday, September 10, 2010

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

KC bought a thick book entitled as above by Richard Carlson at the Book Fair. I think he bought it for the price...it is only RM14.90 and it's three books in one: a. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff b. Don't Sweat the Small stuff at Work c. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff about Money.

I scoffed at him when he bought the book....when will he have the time to read it? It is now next to the toilet....to be carried in and out whenever we want. I must say it is really good reading material during that time. I am most impressed by the three motivational passages I have read so far.

Carlson is a totally postive person. The way he thinks and suggests that we should think is amazing. I definitely don't view matters that way. Take for example the article on 'Choose your Battles wisely'....let me quote; Many people...argue, confront, and fight over practically anything, turning their lives into a series of battles over relatively "small stuff". Which is so true of my life. I get so agitated with my neighbour for parking her old non-usable car in front of my house. Why waste my energy on such matter where there is still other spots for me to park my car though it is slightly further?

I get upset when the noodle I order didn't turn out as I want...like just the other day I told KC I wanted my kuayteow beehoon laksa but I was served kuayteow mien laksa. I was upset...I don't like yellow noodles. I never like yellow noodles unless it is mee goreng mamak or fried kuayteow mee. My dear man just looked at me and continued eating his bowl of laksa like it's the most delicious thing on earth and let me work out my fury on my bowl. Energy wasted on unnecessary anger again when I could be enjoying my bowl of noodle too!

Here is what Carlson said as conclusion : If you don't want to 'sweat the small stuff,' it's critical that you choose your battles wisely. If you do, there will come a day when you'll feel the need to do battle at all.

Looks like this is going to be good toilet reading material. Am sure I'm going to get lots inspiration and motivation. Whether I practise it or not is another matter but it's nice to be given such thots to digest.

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

.....u should park in front of your neighbour's gate :p