Thursday, June 7, 2012

hanging out with a teen

Dan and I spent yesterday and today together....celebrating his birthday. Yesterday we watched Snow White and the Huntsman. Quite an exciting show and full of fantasy. He was reluctant to watch it at first thinking that it's to girlish and fairy tale for him. After reading a review...he decided it is violent enough for him. So we ended up sitting in the second row from the front.

After that was dinner at the Italian restaurant in Oakland. The shop has expended to two lots now and it was packed last night. The boss (ah mo guy) was busy serving his customers. He was so busy trying to please his customers that he had no time to give us the bill. I had spagetti with mussels while Dan ate pizza (as usual). Nice but pretty expensive...almost RM60 for the two of us.

Today we watched Madagascar (we bought the tickets yesterday). I was rather apprehensive about this show. Once he tricked me into watching an animation and it was so lame. So I was quite surprised that I laughed so much throughout the show. Really fun and silly.

Lunch was at Secret Recipe. I took curry mee...which tasted very good at first. Somewhere in the middle started to feel muak because too much santan. Dan took burger (as usual).

It was two wonderful days spent with him and him only. Lyn is at a prayer camp and we miss her presence so much. I must remember to spend time with the children like this every holiday before they grow out of this stage. It's something which they enjoy thoroughly.

Sigh...and the holiday is ending soon and I still have not enough of it. Still struggling with my marking.

No comments: