Wednesday, June 13, 2012

marks of a growing teenager

 Last Sunday was the last day of the two weeks break before school starts again. The holiday was great...started off with a bang and ended with a bang.

Dan is my exercise kaki. He cycles while I jog. Last Sunday he cycled as usual. He was trying to drift. Told me to wait downhill to watch him. So KC and I jogged downhill to wait for him.

Soon he appeared round the corner at great speed...a big grin on his face. Sped past us and down the road. Then before my eyes I saw him lost control while trying to pedal. The next thing I know he fell to the ground...on the grass and not the road. Thank God.

I ran down and to my relief he was trying to stand. The handle of the bicycle was badly twisted. He assured me he was alright but I could see he was traumatized and shaken. So brave....as I looked around a million possibilities crossed my mind. There was a stone nearby...he could have fallen on it. Actually he fell quite beautifully...he said he learnt how to fall from watching Howcast....he did not have the time to curl up enough.

KC pushed the bicycle back while Dan leaned on me and hobbled slowly home. His knee was bleeding. After his shower we checked the wound and decided it wasn't that bad...yellow solution and bandaging it should be enough.

The picture above was taken just now...three days after the incident. It's much better looking now...on Sunday I cringed in pain looking at it. KC handled the cleaning and dressing of the wound....like a good king scout.


This is the back of his leg....he has to miss the scouts camp this weekend as he can't walk too well.  Thank God for his protection!!!


No comments: