Friday, December 18, 2009

Monopoly

Played Monopoly with the kids yesterday. Usually I wouldn't attempt this game as it is too long but since it was holiday and I couldn't move around much; thought this would be good bonding time. So out came the Monopoly board.

We had to consult the official Monopoly rules via internet as we had lost our copy. Then we realised that we has not been following the rules. We played and played from noon till evening and we were still far from bankcruptcy(does this look right?)....so we took a break to get ready a quick dinner.


Then dad came home and he was horrified that we were so slow. He checked on Dan's two rows of property with 3houses each and declared; "Dan, you should buy hotels now." We protested that he had to get 4houses first before converting to hotels. But since we had run out of houses; he couldn't do anything because the official rule says so. Dad said, "The girls are bullying you,Dan. You will buy hotels." Since he is the head of the house, we decided not to argue with him and let him help Dan buy hotels.



That was when Lyn and I came spiralling down. Lyn had the most cash and she lost them in no time paying Dan. I had the most property....stretched everywhere and I was paying Dan in hundreds almost all the time. Finally, I gave up and merged my property with Lyn's. Even with this merger we couldn't beat him because I just build tiny houses compared to the big HOTELS which killed us almost immediately!!!!


Here is the money of the rich boy. He blurred all the way through the game. He threw his money all over the floor. He took risks...even though he didn't had much left he still wanted to buy more houses. Lyn and I were extra cautious. We were so scared that we would run out of cash. So we kept hoarding our money instead of investing in more houses. But Lyn had only one stretch of property and she had already bought hotels there. So I was the one who was silly to just hoard my money. And I realised that both Lyn and I had our money organised properly in denominations while Dan couldn't be bothered with his.



Look at the $500s that he had. I only had $500s in the beginning of the game. Well, that was a long game and I knew I would lose. I have never been good in this game.


















2 comments:

AJ7 said...

You definitely not cut out to be a businesswoman! LOL!

Sia Mooi said...

ya...y do u tink i m still a tchr??