Sunday, May 16, 2010

cafe lavista, equatorial bangi

Since we missed the Singapore trip, we decided to give ourselves a treat. So we headed to Equatorial Bangi. We had Japanese buffet in the Japanese restaurant a couple of years ago. To our disappointment, we found that it is only open on Saturdays. Sigh. I was so looking forward to the oysters.

The next options were Dim Sum at the Chinese restaurant or the international buffet at Lavista. Min Kok Seremban serves great dim sum; so I never have much thoughts of dim sum elsewhere. If I want good dim sum; it will be Min Kok. So we decided to try out Lavista.


This was KC's choice. Don't ask me what....a little of this and that.


One of the many types of bread. I would love to try more but it's impossible to fill my stomach with it

A variety of cold cuts and other stuff. Not too bad esp the beef.

Lyn's choice. We shared everything as we are small eaters. The sandwiches were not so great.



Waffle with icecream, mango sauce and chocolate sauce. I love waffles. It's really good with icecream and chocolate sauce. Can do without the mango sauce.



Local fare. I didn't even bother to look at it. KC stuffed all this into his stomach.



Marshmallows in chocolate sauce. Very nice.


My dessert....only cheese cake and poppy seed cake. Should have started with this. Lyn and I love anything cheesy but I was struggling with this. She was of no help.




KC's dessert. I wonder why he took the peanuts and the dried fruits. It's quite frustrating that I eat so much lesser but keeps putting on weight but he eats more and is not much heavier compared to the day I first met him.



The chocolate fountain with a variety of dried fruits. Looks real tempting but by the time you are ready for dessert, the appetite is gone.
By the time we walked out of the restaurant an hour later, we were stuffed to the brim. Later we walked by a bakery and we refused to talk about food. It was revolting.
No more buffets for a long time but I still want the Japanese food.
























5 comments:

AJ7 said...

Yummy yum-yum.... food looks nice!

PreciousPearl said...

heh-heh! u sure are taking this food blogging bizniz seriously!
I presume the Equatorial is a hotel and the buffet is eat-as-much-as-you-can? how much does it cost per head?

Sia Mooi said...

ya..it's a hotel. for this; it's 48++; the japanese buffet is 78++. the Jap buffet is really worth it, i rmbred taking oysters non stop.

PreciousPearl said...

wow, only RM48... that's really good value for people who can eat a lot! ;)

AJ7 said...

Oysters!!!!