Sunday, May 2, 2010

an evening with the myfers

Both KC and I grew up in the MYF. He was with the Seremban Chinese MYF and I was with Sitiawan Wesley MYF. Those years formed the foundation of my life as a Christian. It was through MYF that I found myself being moulded into a round person spiritually, physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially. School played its role in the intellect, social and physical aspects but it was through interaction in the MYF that these aspects were further grounded and solidified. Thus the making of who I am today.

Therefore it was of great importance to us that our children find their identity with the MYF too. The MYF here is quite different from the MYF in my days. Nevertheless it still plays the role in building the child's spiritual, social and emotional foundations.

So when the MYF organised a time together with the mothers...I was pretty excited. This is the time for me to watch my children interacting in the group. It had been a horribly busy week for me and I have so much backlogs at work. But ... the evening spent in PD was so wonderfully destressing....forget about everything, relax and have fun.




The MYF is a very small group...so they are really closely knitted. It has helped in drawing a little of my girl out of her shell. Theresa is doing a great job.


We adults (esp ladies) are so careful not to get ourselves dirty. But with the kids....what is dirt? That is the best part of play...just throw themselves into the sand and do whatever they want; dirty or not...just have fun. As you can see, this boy is trying to build a tunnel to the sea. No way will I get myself dirty like this.

We mothers, sat on a mat and chatted, watched the kids play and enjoy the scenery. I think none of us went into the sea except Joanna who was forced in by her two big boys.


Almost all the girls were thrown into the water by the boys except for a few like Lyn. Think nobody dare to do that to her yet...she was cooly strolling up and down the beach picking unique stones.



Ben baked a carrot cheese cake for us. Really good. Before we had the cake we had dinner. Before we had dinner, we had all kinds of food on the beach (each family brought something). Besides all the fun, we had lots and lots of food to eat. Sigh. It takes me 50 mins to do 5km and burn just 300cal.


3 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

lol... so sweet! and i think your Lyn is garang just like u :p

Sia Mooi said...

u tink i garangkah?????? lol...u r rite; she is a photocopy of me. U hv not even met her n you've already formed that opinion.

PreciousPearl said...

SM - I've known u since we were 15/16 yrs old.... and i know u r nearly as garang as I am :p
and by your description of Lyn, I can only conclude that she is achip off the old block, or what Hokkien people call "ang ku in". right or not? :)