Saturday, May 22, 2010

'klinik hoki'

Two of the niche areas of my school being the cluster school is the English Language Department and the Hockey. Today there was a hockey clinic organized as part of the program.

When I reached the hockey turf; it was already crowded with teachers holding hockey sticks and trying to pass the ball here and there. HM told me to run one round as warming up. I thought she was teasing me so I just ignored her and joined Elizabeth and Nallina. Then I saw a teacher jogging around and realised I was expected to warm up that way. So off I went and I couldn't stop running!!!!

After two rounds the whistle blew for the teachers to gather and listen to the professionals talk. I was totally frustrated. I just started to warm up and was thinking of going ten rounds. Reluctantly I listened for a while and realised that it would be quite a while before the talk stops. My steam was up and my feet was itching to run. A rebel as usual, I started running again three rounds. Felt guilty as I was the only rebel on the turf running; so I slipped in among them and found it was time to go to the various stations for the practical session.

I paired with Shantini and had a great time learning to hold the stick, passing the ball to her, flick and what have you. During the flick session, I accidentally lifted the stick too high while trying to stop the ball and hit my lip. Now it is swollen.

Before we could reach the final station, the rain came. So we went off for breakfast and the theory class after that. The best was still the practical. I didn't learn a single thing from the theory class.

Had it been all play this morning; I would have enjoyed it totally. The things that one has to do as a teacher!!!! ON A SATURDAY!!!

4 comments:

AJ7 said...

Cannot not go meh? Wah, you can still run rounds??? *tabik* But then again, sounded like you had fun.

Sia Mooi said...

M sure u can do it too with the amount of time in the gym.....i try to do 5km each time i get on the treadmill and it really helps in building the stamina but the shape is still the same...sigh.

when d magic word WAJIB is used...dare u defy?

AJ7 said...

Wajib... I dunno. But I've think I did a couple of times when I feel it's gone beyond... but there are consequences...

PreciousPearl said...

Pn Ting, hope your lip is better