Thursday, December 2, 2010

...because he is Dan


Can you spot the dirtiest looking white shoes? It's gray; not white. It belongs to the one and only person who can get his shoes this colour the very first day to school.
I remember Dan's first day to school...everything new and clean. When I picked him up, I was shocked to see his white shoes were already gray whereas the sister's shoes still look sparkling white.
The picture above was taken a week before the school closed for the year. He couldn't be bothered with the colour of his shoes anymore.
I have learnt over the years not to complain about the dirt...nothing about him surprises me now. He changes his school bag twice a year (they get holes in no time or the strap just putus...). His shoes are in the most pitiful state....besides being black; they are torn (he has two pairs). His white shirt collars are forever black (he has five shirts). I have to get him new pants every year because he grows too fast around the tummy.
The new school year is starting next month...I am now listing what I need to get him before school starts. Shoes and bag..definitely. Pants...I'm hoping he can fit in...it will be his last year wearing dark blue shorts. Shirts...just got new blue ones for him...so can skip that. Oh yes...water bottle!!!! He lost my Tupperware (I paid almost RM50 for it) and he changed his water bottle/tumbler almost five times this year alone. Not to mention the number of food Tupperwares that never came home over the years.
....all because his name is Dan.

4 comments:

ing said...

haha .... tats my nephew .. so proud of him ....one of a kind ... and got character ... la la ...

AJ7 said...

School start ade, meh?

Sia Mooi said...

AJ7: sch not yet start la....year end pics n preparing for new year...will be real busy when my sis visits fm vancouver; so i need to get sch stuff asap.

PreciousPearl said...

aiyah, boys will be boys lah