Sunday, December 19, 2010

voiceless

Woke up this morning and found my voice totally gone. I could hardly make myself heard. I remembered losing my voice like this eleven years ago. (no pain; just voiceless.) I have to whisper when I talk. It's quite frustrating when you want to be heard and nothing comes out.

Back to reminiscing eleven years ago, KC was in the US when it happened. Early one morning (before 6pm), aunty Vivian phoned and asked if I heard about KPing (KC's second brother). Said he passed away...my heart almost stopped. It was like a joke. I whispered loudly into the phone and said no. She asked if I wanted to go Mantin with her to check and see what was happening, I said I couldn't go because KC wasn't home and I couldn't leave my baby alone. Phoned 7R and there was no answer; everybody had gone to Mantin.

I called Ing and whispered to her that KPing passed away. She couldn't hear me too well and thought KC passed away. What drama; she called Vancouver to inform our family there about it. What a shock I had when I found out how the news was misunderstood all because I couldn't make myself heard!!!

I'm going to the airport now to meet Neechia and family. I can't phone them because I can't talk over the phone. Hope Neechia knows how to sms by now.

1 comment:

ing said...

ooo ... i rber that one ... its was crazy .... fon nee chia to tell her and both of us crying on the fon .. cry puas2 only drive 2 sban and discover the real story ... ai ..

take light soya sos ... add lukewarm water .. cheapest way get well ... and it works .... ask TTC students in my cluster