potatoes/taufoo pok (optional)
garlic and ginger
star anise/cloves/pepperseeds (not too much)
(Season the ribs with a dash of pepper, salt and ginger wine for an hour)
1. Saute garlic and ginger; add star anise, cloves
2. Throw in the meat; fry till fragrant
3. Then dump in the mushrooms, potatoes and whatever you fancy
4. Pour in a bowl of water and simmer.
5. Remember the seasonings : salt, black soya sauce, oyster sauce
6. Finally pour in the rice wine (maybe half a bowl)
This stew is most delicious the day after...the meat etc have absorbed all the taste.