Friday, November 20, 2009

A walk to the Museum of Science and Industry

It was a real windy day today. So walking wasn't easy. I was almost blown by the wind a few times. Took the free shuttle till St Peters and raba my way to the museum.



This is the North Gate....some ruins left by the Romans about 2000years ago.





Awesome building that I passed by on the way there.


This is made from thistle. Interesting.



Interesting...I forgot to check what it is called. Just snapped the picture and moved on.


And while I was looking around this big museum which has a few buildings and sections; I bumped into something familiar. Look at the logo. It is the Commonwealth Game 1998 which was held in KL. I think this big rebana was presented to Manchester (need to check if the next game was in Manchester). And it was totally worn out looking; thrown into a pitiful lonesome corner in the museum without a label etc and looking totally out of place. I felt so sad looking at it because it's a misplaced piece of junk from home. Nothing to do with their history on industry and science.




This is the other ruin of the roman fort near the North Gate. This city is indeed a very old and ancient place.....dated back to roman times.



Passed by the Deansgate Hotel.





Saw this cute christmas tree. Decors such as this really brighten up the corner of the otherwise rather plain street on a dull and cold day.



Hah!! This is the G-Mex or Manchester Central where KC is attending the CIPD conference.

Today has been good as I have discovered the other side of Manchester. It's quite a small place and can be covered easily on foot. The best part is there is free shuttle within the city.

No comments: