Monday, November 30, 2009

Dogfight

Jackie has hated the neighbour's black dog since we moved in. Today I thought all was safe; (the black dog wasn't around) so I let Jackie out for a run.

In less than 10minutes I heard dogs fighting. I ran over next door and there was my Jackie above the black dog and biting his neck. Jackie looked like he was attacking to kill. I whacked him with all my might with a broom to no avail.

I screamed for Win to help. Win rushed over to join the drama. I ran back to grab the garden hose to spray at the dog. On the way; I screamed into the house asking Ing to be kind enough to help me.

Thank God the neighbour's son-in-law (not too friendly) was in. After all our commotion, he cooly climbed over his wall to the MIL's house and poured a pail of water on the dogs and disappeared. The black dog was bleeding. His earlier wounds around the ears looked real bad now. They broke a pot and soil was all over the porch.

Ing swept and cleaned the porch with Win's help; scolding the dogs all the way for disturbing her from her sweetdreams. I caned Jackie and sprayed more water on him and scolded him. When Win and Ing returned; he received further scolding. He looked really repentent. Anyway, he is grounded for life. No more running out (unless the black dog dies).

I was so horribly stressed. My whole body turned into jelly midway. I thought I would collapse and die. The dog has worn me out completely.

A perfectly quiet evening turned into a total drama. Funny how things happen sometimes. Now that I look back; it was kind of humourous (3 crazy girls screaming on top of their voices at the dogs).

After all has cooled, the other dogs from the neighbourhood dropped by the front gate to visit. Probably they wanted to check how their friends were doing. Both Jackie and the black dog are friends to the rest of the dogs but enemies with each other.

7 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

eh, sounds like the way some of our friends are like with one another!

emily @ shinyshampoo said...

haha..

your dog banyak drama lah..

comel pulak tu..

AJ7 said...

PP: You are absolutely right!

SM: That's why I don't keep dogs.... have to jaga them like jaga children. Extra kerja.

Sia Mooi said...

Amelia: Tell me bout dat....when we had the dog, everybody says they will jaga. When d dog came; dan got scared of him kos jackie jumped at him. Lyn occassionally will poke her finger at him...who do all the jagaing? D mother; who else??? Then KC had d cheek to suggest we get a real true breed german shepherd ( a fren offered)..................

AJ7 said...

So you getting the true breed??? My neighbour offered me a Golden Retriever... I said No even though my boy and gal said they will help take care. Tarak boleh pakai... Mother always ends up with everything.

PreciousPearl said...

wakaka! that's why we have no pets (esp since we even let Cavebaby's seamonkeys dry out....oopsy)

Sia Mooi said...

there's no way anybody is going to trick me into getting anymore pets.The black dog had some drama while I was in d hosp. It seems the ear was so bad that it almost drop. Ing had to call the vet to give him to jabs n some powder stuff. Poor old dog..