Sunday, January 17, 2010

crunchy cheese cake

Tried out the new oven today. Finally baked the crunchy cheese cake which I have not baked for years. Too lazy to do much baking nowadays.


Dan helped me grate the cheddar cheese.


The egg whites whisked with sugar till stiff. In another bowl I whisked the butter and sugar. This recipe needs two mixers...as the eggs and butter are whisked separately first. Makes the cake texture smooth.

The batter before being placed into the oven. The remaining grated cheese is placed on top to give it the crunch.


While waiting for the cake to be baked I had to wash all these. Now I remember why I dislike baking nowadays....it's the washing up that I hate. Was glad I went and checked on the cake. The top was browner than usual. Not used to the oven, doesn't work like the old one. Had to turn down the temperature by 50deg; the manual said; and I didn't follow it. Looks like I need to bake a few rounds to get to know this oven.


Finally, after almost an hour the cake is done. The top is slightly browner than usual. Nice, crunchy and bit saltish because of the cheese. Not to be eaten too often; rich and fattening. (another reason why I don't bake so much nowadays)
19.1.10
finished in no time. Great demand for it. I saw mother curi makan also even though she complained it's heaty.

2 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

so the new oven is a great success?

Sia Mooi said...

definitely....got demand for my cakes now...susah...hv to find time to bake..