Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tuition

Just sent Lyn to her first BM tuition class. Reached there 15minutes early and the class was already jam packed!!! About half of the students are Puteri girls!

This is her first tuition ever. (She did attend Chinese tuition for 5 months in Std 2 but I decided she didn't need it). This was upon her request as she thinks BM is her weakness as she was from a Chinese medium school. If I have my way; I would keep her from tuition as long as possible.

It's not easy to get to this particular teacher. Need to book a place a year ahead. I was introduced to her during the holiday. Being a fellow teacher gave me an advantage; she is very helpful to her rakan seperjuangan. Justine had to beg her many times before Jason finally got a place.

I hope this is all that she needs for the next two years. Don't want to be driving her all around town for this and that tuition.

7.1.10

4 comments:

AJ7 said...

It's nice to find like-minded people where tuitions are concerned. I think tuitions are bad cos they rob a child of his ability to figure things out on his own, and make them overly dependent on others.

Sia Mooi said...

sigh...the gal a bit kiasu. i would hv let her be but since she requested i had better give her or she will be upset when her results come out. it's quite frustrating having two opposite kids...one real competitive and the other can't care less.

PreciousPearl said...

SM, the real question is which one of ur kids is like u? lol

Sia Mooi said...

hahaha....tink the gal is more like me and the boy like the father (carefree n stress free). gal and i worry about everything and anything and most pessimistic. the boys are postive about everything and smile about anything.
kiasu ness....all of us have a bit la...