Thursday, January 21, 2010

surprise visit

Yesterday evening, while I was preparing to cook dinner; Shantini phoned to tell me Puan Siti Hawa and Puan Kulvinder are coming over to visit me.

Pn Siti was our former principal. Retired two years ago. Proactive and go-getter. A lot of changes and things were done to the school while she was there. Many of us were also very stressed because of her many plans and ideas which involved the whole staff.

Today as I look back; I realised a lot of things had been done; structures built because she was brave enough to bulldoze her way through. That is one trait to be admired. The higher one goes, the lonelier one will be...I believe it wasn't easy for her heading a school full of negative people who wish to remain status quo. But she did what she was able to do...

Yesterday was an example of her proactive attitude. She heard Shan and I are on MC...so she decided to visit us. Now...who would bother unless we are close or still in contact or still working together? She is none of the above and she cared to visit.

Thank you, Pn Siti Hawa....I am most touched.

1 comment:

AJ7 said...

She cared enough... hard to find many of those these days.