Tuesday, January 19, 2010

moist chocolate cake

I'm in a baking mood. Need to spend time to bond with my new oven to understand it better. Lyn helped me...infact she did most of the stuff. I just supervised. This recipe is from an old colleague(who is a Maths teacher; the recipe is almost like a formula) when I was teaching in PD. I have not tried it for years. It's real simple. I believe if I leave it totally to Lyn; she would be able to do it too except the baking part.

Moist Choc Cake
A:
300g flour
60g cocoa powder
2tsp bicarbonate of soda
(sieve the above together)

B:
12 0z water

C:
300g castor sugar
300g butter
(cream together)

D.
5 eggs

1. Cream C
2. Add D
3. Add A and B alternatively to the mixture

Pour into the baking tin and bake as you would bake a cake and the result is as below! (The almond flake is optional, I added that as I needed to check how brown the cake gets so that I can adjust the temperature etc accordingly.)





Looks real moist; right? I believe it tastes as good as it looks. Can't test it as I've brushed my teeth, the kids will tell me how it tastes tomorrow.
Dan mentioned that ever since I stayed home this one month, there seems to be a lot of food to eat. Hahaha...all this will stop once I start working next month.
absolutely great...sent a tupperware to school for Chan and friends...all gone...very moist. Lyn suggested adding chocolate chips too. Will do that the next round.

4 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

SM, can see but cannot eat, u r sooOOOooo cruel to me..... :(

Sia Mooi said...

come come...i bake choc cake, cheese cake for you...these two the family's favourite...u just wait..i will be baking cny cookies soon...will post d pics n let u drool over them....

BuffaFly said...

aiyooo....eat and brush again la. I donate toothpaste to you ok...

Sia Mooi said...

BuffaFly: no dentist in the hse...we don't care...juz eat n b happy!!