Saturday, January 16, 2010

korean food

I remembered my camera today before leaving the house. KC had been wanting very much to go for korean food but korean food is spicy; so doesn't suit the tastebuds of a few people. Today we had the chance to go out on our own. He was very sure there is a restaurant at Oaklands. So we drove around; row after row looking for a korean restaurant and when we were about to give up...lo and behold...the Restoran Korea!!!!!



It's in the newer part of Oakland. Rather quiet at night.


The restaurant is real clean and nice inside. When we entered, there were not many people. Before leaving, many of the tables were taken.


The cashier; which has korean costumes at the back.



I ordered this spicy beef soup which comes with a bowl of rice. It has chinese cabbage and taufoo. Really spicy. For your info, a bowl of such rice costs RM4.00!!!! KC ordered a bowl and was shocked when he checked the bill that his plain rice is the same cost as chicken rice!!




This is what KC ordered....some beef thingy which comes with lots of side dishes (in very tiny and miserable servings).






The egg pudding that came along with KC's food. If you see closely, the texture is very rough. I make better egg puddings. Mine is real smooth. There is a secret to making it smooth.


The beef thingy which KC ordered. It has tanghoon at the bottom and onions on top. The beef is nice and tender.


The cutlery. The chopsticks are flat. I couldn't pick much food with it. Gave up using it.
We spent RM54...15 for mine and 35 for KC's and 4 for the extra bowl of rice. Not that cheap korean food...and some of the dishes are quite normal like egg pudding, long beans fried in anchovies...it's the beef, beef soup and kimchi that is different. Overall, it was a delicious meal and definitely warmed my stomach.




3 comments:

AJ7 said...

Packaging.. nice place, nice price. LOL! But it's also an experience to savour or otherwise. RM4 for rice! You think you will go back there again? Where is Oaklands? In Seremban? Sounds so ang moh... remember at one time, there were all out to change all the foreign sounding names to local (mainly to Malay) names? Signs of times... we're getting more confident of ourselves... which is good I think. 8) Your food blog coming along nicely....

Sia Mooi said...

Oaklands is in Seremban. I wonder why this name is chosen.

I don't think I will go back there. Will try other Korean restaurants. There should be a few more around as there are quite a number of Korean expats here.

Haha...u r my 'tok guru' in blogging. M learning from you!!!!

AJ7 said...

Thank you.. thank you.. *bow head* I think sharing the good places to makan is a nice thing. I always am thankful for the people who write about the places they visit and eat at... narrows down my searching and makes my trips quite painless! 8)
Jia yu.. May you find blogging about your life experiences as fun as I've found mine.